There have been several mills on this site using the water power of the river to grind corn grown in the parish. There is mention of a mill here in the Domesday Book. The mill was still operating in the 20th Century, the last owners being the Spokes family when milling finally ceased in 1950.

Plaque 6
Cogenhoe Mill

Plaque 5 Plaque 7 Home Cogenhoe & Whiston Heritage Society